NBS Kids Ski Instructor FULL SEASON (5Dec - 29Mar)
>>>Winter 2018/2019 Seasonal Position
KIDS CLUB POD INSTRUCTOR – FULL SEASON
NBS is on the lookout for ski instructors that love teaching children! We are particularly looking for vibrant, fun, motivated and responsible individuals that are determined to provide children with a safe, fun, educational and most of all, a memorable lesson experience! If this is you, then come and join the dynamic team that is the NBS Kids Club Pod (KCP). KCP instructors are responsible for teaching children from 3 to 14 years of age.
NBS offer instructors a world class seasonal training program that includes multi-level, progression sessions that operate 4-5 days a week. This training program is led by world class trainers/examiners from various organizations around the world. NBS is also the proud sponsor of the Australian Professional Snowsports Instructors (APSI) providing courses and exams in Niseko. Competitive and attractive wage packages are on offer as well as low rent accommodation with easy access to the lifts and village. NBS has also proven to provide more work to its instructors than other Snowsports schools in the area.
- These positions are SKI only. We do not require Snowboard instructors to fill KCP positions
- Full Season contract dates: 5th December, 2018 – 31st March, 2019
- Meeting/Greeting Guests on the meeting area
- Creating a fun and safe learning environment for children while improving their skiing
- Communicating performance of children with parents
- Meeting area presentation maintenance and snow clearing
- Attending training sessions (on & off snow)
- Promoting other SkiJapan.com & NBS services
- Providing guests with key local information & assistance
- Being a reliable local contact for guest during their stay
- Providing our guests with professional instruction and a high level of customer service
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Must have a minimum of SKI Level 1 qualification with an internationally recognized instructor training organization
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING
- Experience teaching children with a professional Snowsports School
- A children’s specialist teaching qualification or “children’s certificate”
- Adaptive teaching certification
- First Aid Certificate
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Responsible, energetic, confident, can-do attitude
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Exceptional guest experience skills
- Genuine passion for teaching children
- A team player that can put others first and compromise
- A mature, flexible approach with the ability to adapt to any situation
- Punctual, reliable and well presented
- Ability to take direction from supervisors
- Ability to represent NBS to the highest standard at all times
- Ability to show initiative think on the run
- English is a MUST
- Secondary Japanese/Cantonese/Mandarin language skills are preferred but not necessary
- Hourly rate varies depending on instructing certs and experience.
- Request private lesson bonuses apply (however the first priority is teaching kids club programs).
- Travel allowance paid at the completion of contract.
- Personal All Mountain Lift Pass (Grand Hirafu, Hanazono, Niseko Village & Annupuri Resorts).
- A high quality, warm and durable instructing uniform is provided for work.
- Subsidised staff accommodation in and around Hirafu village and Kutchan for the period of employment.
EMPLOYMENT DATES & WORKING HOURS
Full Season contract dates: 5th December, 2018 – 29th March, 2019
The average length of day rostered on Kids Club programs is either 9:15–12:30 or 9:15–15:30 (with a 1 hour lunch break). For those interested there is also the possibility of working afternoon and night private lessons after the kids programs have finished.
The great thing about Niseko is that the lifts are open until 20:00 meaning that you have hours to ski after work!
As with any seasonal work, hours and dates of work are snow and customer dependent. Please understand that you are required to be flexible with work dates and hours.