Guest Services - Ski Japan Front Desk
>>>Winter 2018/2019 Seasonal Position
GUEST SERVICES - SKI JAPAN FRONT DESK
Are you passionate about people? Do have a can-do attitude? Want to be a part of a great team? Then the SkiJapan.com Guest Services Team is perfect for you!
We are seeking friendly, charming, efficient and smiley English and bilingual speaking staff (preferred, but not essential) to work within our Guest Services Team in Niseko. You must have exceptional customer service skills with passion for dealing with people.
Based at the SkiJapan main office in Niseko, you will be responsible for meeting/greeting guests, answering calls/inquiries, responding to emails, providing guests with local information, promoting Ski Japan products and tours, payment processing and in general assisting the day to day operations.
Guest Services - Front Desk
- In general being a presence at the front desk
- Meeting/greeting guests
- Assisting with guest check-ins & outs
- Answering telephones and acting as the communication hub for the main office
- Responding to emails and in house guest inquiries
- Assisting with transfer amendments
- Booking tours and activities
- Making restaurant reservations
- Providing guests with key local information & assistance
- Being a reliable local contact for guest during their stay
- Helping out with additional tasks when required
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING
- Personal customer service experience (Face to Face)
- Travel/tourism experience
- Cash/Credit Card Processing/ Handling
- Office/Administration experience
- Reservations experience
- Previous Front Desk/Guest Services/Concierge experience
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Energetic, confident, can-do attitude
- Exceptional guest experience skills
- Genuine passion for assisting people
- Excellent computer skills
- Mature, flexible approach with the ability to adapt to any situation
- Reliable, very organised and well presented
- Ability to work long hours and multi task
- Stress tolerance for hectic business times, ability to display patience and tact
- Show initiative, with the ability to think on your feet
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- English is a MUST
- Japanese/Chinese/English bilingual applicants are preferred, but not necessary.
- Must have or be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa
SKI/ SNOWBOARD ABILITY:
No previous ski/snowboard ability is required, however some experience is preferred.
Approx 190,000JPY to 210,000JPY per month, plus personal Grand Hirafu season pass
Subsidised staff accommodation available
Late November 2018 until late March 2019 (limited positions available)
As with any seasonal work, hours and dates of work are snow and customer dependent. Please understand that you are required to be flexible with work dates and hours.
5 x days per week
Average of 40-45 hours per week during peak season. This kind of work is obviously snow & customer dependent, so you expect to work reduced hours during the first and last few weeks of the season.