NBS Rental/Retail Technician
>>>Winter 2018/2019 Seasonal Position
NBS RENTAL/ RETAIL TECHNICIAN
Want to work in a prime ski in-ski out location with plenty of time to ride?
We are seeking EXPERIENCED, fun, energetic and reliable team players for our rental/ retail crew.
Ideally you will be skilled and highly knowledgeable in most aspects of skiing/snowboarding.
Responsible for the safe and accurate set up guest equipment including Skis, Boards, Clothing, Helmets, plus the maintenance of rental fleet and the use of Easy Rent rental system. Working as part of the NBS team, you will also be required to assist in our busy retail store- where you will need experience and knowledge in accessories, goggles, gloves, helmets and cash handling.
We prefer experienced applicants only to apply for this position. Current binding certification is an advantage.
NBS Rental/ Retail Technician
- Impeccable customer service
- Accurate set up of rental ski/ boards
- Boot Fitting
- Clothing, Helmet & Accessory fitting
- General maintenance of rental fleet/ equipment
- Retail Sales
- Cash/ Credit processing & balancing
- Assisting with all NBS operations, including Snow Sports School, Kids Club
- Snow Clearing & store presentation maintenance
- Answering telephone, email and in house guest inquiries
- Promoting other SkiJapan.com & NBS services
- Providing guests with key local information & assistance
- Being a reliable local contact for guests during their stay
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING
- Must have or be able to get International Driver’s License
- Personal customer service experience (Face to Face)
- Previously worked in a snow rental store
- Retail Sales experience (Snow experience preferred)
- Travel/ tourism experience
- Cash/ Credit Card Processing/ Handling
- Computerised rental system experience such as Easy Rent, In Touch, Sports Rental, RTP etc.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Energetic, confident, can- do attitude
- Eccentric attention to detail!
- Exceptional guest experience skills
- Genuine passion for assisting people
- Excellent computer skills
- Mature, flexible approach with the ability to adapt to any situation
- Punctual, reliable, very organised and well presented
- Ability to work long hours and multi task
- Stress tolerance for hectic business times, ability to display patience and tact
- Show initiative, with ability to think on your feet
- English is a MUST
- Japanese/ Chinese/ English bilingual applicants are preferred, but not essential.
- Must have or be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa
SKI/ SNOWBOARD ABILITY:
You don’t NEED to be a red hot rider, but at minimum a moderate ski/ snowboard ability is required as it directly relates to experience & product knowledge.
Approx 1,100 JPY to 1,200JPY per hour (Depending on experience and language ability)
Free Personal Grand Hirafu Season Lift pass
Subsidised staff accommodation available
Short Term: Late November 2018 - Mid February 2109
Full Season: Late November 2018 - April 2019
5 x days per week
Average of 40- 45 hours per week during peak season. This kind of work is obviously snow & customer dependent, so you should expect to work reduced hours during the first and last few weeks of the season.