NBS Ski Instructor SHORT TERM (5Dec - 10Feb)
>>>Winter 2018/2019 Seasonal Position
SHORT TERM SKI INSTRUCTOR (December – February)
We are on the lookout for short term Ski Instructors from 5th Dec 2018 - 10th Feb 2019. If you’re on Uni Holidays or just want to spend a few months getting paid to ride the world’s best powder then Niseko Base Snowsports School is the company for you!!
NBS has grown to be one of the largest international Snowsports schools in the Niseko area. NBS prides itself on its outstanding reputation of high quality instruction and high level customer service. We believe the key to this success is supporting our staff in every way possible.
NBS offer instructors a world class seasonal training program that includes multi-level, progression sessions that operate 4-5 days a week. This training program is led by world class trainers/examiners from various organizations around the world. NBS is also the proud sponsor of the Australian Professional Snowsports Instructors (APSI) providing courses and exams in Niseko. Competitive and attractive wage packages are on offer as well as low rent accommodation with easy access to the lifts and village. NBS has also proven to provide more work to its instructors than other Snowsports schools in the area.
Short term positions
- Certified Ski Instructors
- Crossover (dual Certified) Instructors
- Meeting/Greeting Guests on the meeting area
- Creating a fun and safe learning environment for children while improving their skiing
- Communicating with parents regarding a child’s performance during the lesson
- Meeting area presentation maintenance and snow clearing
- Attending training sessions (on & off snow)
- Promoting other SkiJapan.com & NBS services
- Providing guests with key local information & assistance
- Being a reliable local contact for guest during their stay
- Providing our guests with professional instruction and a high level of customer service
Minimum Qualifications Required
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR A WORKING HOLIDAY VISA
- Level 1 Ski instructor qualification with an internationally recognized instructor training organization
- Previous teaching experience with a Snowsports school is preferred
- Level 2 (or higher) Ski Instructor qualification
Personal Attributes Required
- Responsible, energetic, confident, can-do attitude
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Exceptional guest experience skills
- Genuine passion for teaching children
- A team player that can put others first and compromise
- A mature, flexible approach with the ability to adapt to any situation
- Punctual, reliable and well presented
- Ability to take direction from supervisors
- Ability to represent NBS to the highest standard at all times
- Ability to show initiative think on the run
- English is a MUST
- Secondary Japanese/Cantonese/Mandarin language skills are preferred but not necessary
- Hourly rate varies depending on instructor qualifications and experience.
- Request private lesson bonuses apply.
- Travel allowance paid at the completion of contract.
- Personal All Mountain Lift Pass (Grand Hirafu, Hanazono, Niseko Village & Annupuri Resorts).
- A high quality, warm and durable instructing uniform is provided for work.
- Subsidised staff accommodation in and around Hirafu village and Kutchan for the period of employment.
EMPLOYMENT DATES & WORKING HOURS
Short Term contract dates: 5th December, 2018 – 10th February, 2019.
As with any seasonal work, hours and dates of work are snow and customer dependent. Please understand that you are required to be flexible with work dates and hours.