Guest Services - Driver/Representative
>>>Winter 2018/2019 Seasonal Position
Full-Season & Short-Term Positions Available
GUEST SERVICES - DRIVER / REPRESENTATIVE
Are you passionate about people and the snow? Do have a can-do attitude, want to be a part of a great team and have a lot of fun during winter? Do you love taking the extra steps to WOW customers and exceed expectations? Then you should become an SJ Driver / Rep!
We are seeking friendly, efficient and smiley English-speaking and bilingual staff (preferred, but not essential) to work within our Guest Services team as Drivers / Representatives for SkiJapan.com in Niseko, Hirafu. You must be confident in your driving ability (on-snow driver training will be provided), have exceptional customer service skills and a passion for dealing with people.
You will be responsible for meeting/greeting guests on arrival, driving them to and from their accommodations, providing guests with local information, promoting SJ products and tours, and assisting other Guest Services areas.
Guest Services - Driver / Representative
- Safe driving of guests to and from village/resort accommodations on arrival/departure & for intra-village ski shuttles
- Meeting/greeting guests in resort & at the airport
- Organising guest check-ins & check-outs
- Providing guests with key local information & assistance
- Acting as a host for our guests on charter buses to/from the airport & occasionally on cultural tours
- Promoting various tours/activities such as snowmobiling & cultural tours
- Assisting guests with equipment rental set up
- Assisting guests to resolve any in-resort issues
- Local liaison and distribution of company material
- Assisting with promotional events
- Connecting with guests both on- and off-mountain
- Must have or be able to obtain an International Driving Permit (or Japanese driver's license)
- Personal customer service experience (face-to-face)
- Travel/tourism experience
- Outdoor education or activity guiding
- Resort/seasonal work experience
- Rental/retail experience helpful but not essential
- Snow driving experience not required (training provided)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Energetic, confident, can-do attitude
- Exceptional guest experience skills
- Genuine passion for assisting people
- Mature, flexible approach with the ability to adapt to any situation
- Reliable, very organised and well presented
- Ability to work long hours and multitask
- Stress tolerance for hectic business times, ability to display patience and tact
- Show initiative, with ability to think on your feet
- Easily adaptable to changing situations
- English is a MUST. Japanese/Chinese/English bilingual applicants are preferred, but not necessary
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Holders of a foreign license must ALSO have/be eligible for an International Driving Permit (IDP).
- Must have/be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa, or be a Japanese resident
- Prefer applicants with an intermediate ski/board level or above (however, not necessary). If you are an advanced skier, with guiding or instructing experience, please also note that clearly on your application.
- Monthly salary of 190,000 JPY to 210,000 JPY per month, plus Grand Hirafu seasonal lift pass & a range of other staff benefits
- Subsidised staff accommodation available
- Late November 2018 – Late March 2019 (Full Season)
- Late November 2018 – Mid February 2019 (Short-Term)
As with any seasonal work, hours and dates of work are snow and customer dependent. Please understand that you are required to be flexible with work dates and hours.
- Full time, 5 x days per week
- You will be contracted to work an average of 40 hours per week throughout the winter, though this will be higher in peak season (late-Dec to mid-Feb) and lower during quiet times.