Guest Services - Administration Coordinator
>>>Winter 2018/2019 Seasonal Position
GUEST SERVICES - ADMINISTRATION
Are you passionate about people? Do have a can-do attitude? Want to be a part of a great team? Then the SkiJapan.com Guest Services Team is perfect for you!
We are seeking friendly, charming, efficient and smiley staff to work within our Guest Services Team in Niseko. You must have exceptional customer service skills with passion for dealing with people.
Based at the SkiJapan.com main office here in Hirafu, you will be responsible for assisting the front desk, answering calls/inquiries, responding to emails and guest feedback forms, ordering and stock take of lift passes, preparation of official documents, lost property, return guests reward program, monitoring outstanding balances, and in general keeping track of the departments receipts, inventory and stock.
Guest Services - Administration
- Covering the Front Desk where needed i.e. covering lunch breaks or if staff are sick
- Ordering and stock take of lift passes
- Preparing insurance and other official letters/supporting documents
- Assisting with the email workload
- Answering the phone
- Responding to guest feedback forms and reporting feedback to department heads
- Recording and storage of lost property, then arranging return to guests
- Reporting and following up on outstanding balances
- Preparing gifts for our return guests
- Monitoring departments inventory/supplies and reordering
- Helping out with additional tasks when required
- Ensuring official documents are completed and filed correctly
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING
- Personal customer service experience (Face to Face)
- Travel/tourism experience
- Cash/Credit Card Processing/ Handling
- Office/Administration experience
- Reservations experience
- Previous Front Desk/Guest Services experience
- Bilingual English/Japanese is preferred but not essential
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Energetic, confident, can-do attitude
- Exceptional guest experience skills
- Genuine passion for assisting people
- Excellent computer skills
- Mature, flexible approach with the ability to adapt to any situation
- Reliable, very organised and well presented
- Ability to work long hours and multi task
- Stress tolerance for hectic business times, ability to display patience and tact
- Show initiative, with the ability to think on your feet
- Strong English skills are a must
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be a Japanese resident or have/be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa
No previous ski/snowboard ability is required, however some experience is preferred.
Approx 190,000JPY to 210,000JPY per month, plus personal Grand Hirafu season pass
Subsidized staff accommodation available
Full Term Contract: Mid November – Early April
As with any seasonal work, hours and dates of work are snow and customer dependent. Please understand that you are required to be flexible with work dates and hours.
5 x days per week
Average of 40-45 hours per week during peak season. This kind of work is obviously snow & customer dependent, so you expect to work reduced hours during the first and last few weeks of the season.