Guest Services - Receptionist
>>>Winter 2018/2019 Seasonal Position
GUEST SERVICES - RECEPTIONIST
Are you passionate about people? Do have a can-do attitude? Want to be a part of a great team? Then the SkiJapan.com Guest Services Team is perfect for you!
We are seeking friendly, charming, efficient and smiley English and bilingual staff to work within our Guest Services Team in Niseko. You must have exceptional customer service skills with passion for dealing with people.
Based at one of our accommodations reception desks located in either Hirafu, Niseko Village or Annupuri, you will be responsible for meeting/greeting guests, answering calls/inquiries, providing guests with local information, driving in-house guests to and from their accommodation to the ski lifts & restaurants, promoting SkiJapan products and tours, payment processing and in general assisting the day to day operations.
Guest Services - Receptionist
- In general being a presence at the reception
- Meeting/greeting guests
- Organizing guest check ins/check outs
- Answering telephones, email and in house guest inquiries
- Driving guests from their accommodation to the ski lifts and restaurants (will not apply for all positions)
- Booking tours/taxi's and activities
- Providing guests with key local information & assistance
- Being a reliable local contact for guest during their stay
- Helping out with additional tasks when required
- Some Housekeeping required
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING
- Personal customer service experience (Face to Face)
- Travel/tourism experience
- Cash/Credit Card Processing/ Handling
- Office/Administration experience
- Reservations experience
- Previous Front Desk/Guest Services/Concierge experience
- Previous driving experience (snow driving experience not required as training is provided)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Energetic, confident, can-do attitude
- Exceptional guest experience skills
- Genuine passion for assisting people
- Excellent computer skills
- Mature, flexible approach with the ability to adapt to any situation
- Reliable, very organised and well presented
- Ability to work long hours and multi task
- Stress tolerance for hectic business times, ability to display patience and tact
- Show initiative, with the ability to think on your feet
- English is a MUST
- Japanese/Chinese/English bilingual applicants are preferred, but not necessary.
- International or Japanese Drivers license preferred (Not all positions require a drivers license)
- Must be a Japanese resident or have/be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa
SKI/ SNOWBOARD ABILITY:
No previous ski/snowboard ability is required, however some experience is preferred.
Approx 190,000JPY to 210,000JPY per month, plus personal Grand Hirafu season pass
Subsidised staff accommodation available
Late November 2018 until late March 2019
As with any seasonal work, hours and dates of work are snow and customer dependent. Please understand that you are required to be flexible with work dates and hours.
5 x days per week
Average of 40-45 hours per week during peak season. This kind of work is obviously snow & customer dependent, so you expect to work reduced hours during the first and last few weeks of the season.