Travel Sales Consultant
Full Time Position - Sydney, Australia
Want to work with an exciting snow sports product with travel opportunities?
Ski Japan Travel (Aust) Pty Ltd (SkiJapan.com) is a leading Japan Snow Specialist, fulfilling the powder snow dreams of customers for well over 20 years, providing packages to the best ski resorts in Japan. Focusing on complete holiday packages for a seamless and unforgettable experience, SkiJapan.com operates closely with its international offices in Niseko Japan and Hong Kong, to provide the full range of products and services; including flight ticketing, transfers, lift tickets, accommodations and conference facilities, ski school lessons, ski gear rentals, tours, activities and on the ground support.
SkiJapan.com aims to accommodate the wants and needs of our clients and guests, when it comes to their Japan snow holiday, with premium levels of service we are very proud of. Our strengths lie in our firsthand experiences, a service philosophy, the company culture and a professional team with a true passion for snow sports, travel, adventure and providing exceptional service.
Our SkiJapan.com team use their knowledge, experience and passion, to ensure that every holiday created goes above and beyond our guest’s expectations, whereby they are so impressed by the SkiJapan.com level of service that they become loyal customers year after year.
As Travel Sales Consultant, you are the first point of contact for any customer enquiring about a winter holiday to Japan, providing information and quotes, making travel and accommodation reservations, up-selling any additional products and services, ensuring payments are made by the determined deadlines and providing tickets, itineraries and other details as required. As a highly competitive industry, the more comprehensive and responsive a consultant is, the better the chance of giving a great impression and gaining the booking.
Suited to someone with at least 2 years experience in travel and tourism, with a passion for snow sports, and who wants to develop their career in the exciting ski travel industry. A positive, energetic, self-motivated person with a genuine 'Can Do' attitude is what we need for these full time positions.
A supportive and friendly working environment, encouraging creativity, collaboration and achievement in a positive and team work orientated culture - our focus is happy staff and long term retention, with;
- Competitive salary+super (and incentives) to match your experience
- A modern, funky office and great location with excellent public transport links
- Monday to Friday business hours
- Educational famil trips and incentive trips to Japan
- Full in house training and ongoing support
- Professional, while relaxed and fun working atmosphere
- Career progression and global location opportunities
- Staff social outings and team building
- Strong product knowledge presenting appropriate options to suit specific needs
- Competency in phone, email and face to face communications
- Determining clients’ requirements for travel, accommodation, facilities and services
- Offering expert and professional advice, suggesting the most suitable itineraries
- Making and confirming travel, accommodation and land package elements
- Collecting payments and issuing relevant documentation
- Providing ongoing customer support through the booking process, during travel and following
- Maintain good working relationships with our teams in Hong Kong and Japan, as well as other suppliers and partners
- Being familiar with all products offered by SkiJapan.com, its brands and partners
- Efficient in the use of the in-house reservations and external bookings systems
- Responding to all enquiries in a timely fashion with fastest possible turnaround
- High accuracy in data entry and recording of booking and invoicing details
- A friendly and helpful nature, providing the best service possible during any interaction
- Higher School Certificate or equivalent
- At least 2 years' experience in the Travel and Tourism Industry
- Good computer skills (particularly Microsoft Office Suite, data-entry and email/internet)
- Excellent administrative skills, including task and time management, filing and other office related
- Use of Amadeus bookings system or similar
- Minimum typing speed of 40WPM
Other Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Confident, co-operative and friendly with a 'Can-Do' attitude
- Team orientated with great organisational skills
- High levels of customer service skills both written and oral
- Ability to promote the brand and sell profitably
- Researching consistently to understand products
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Love of snow sports and interest in the ski industry
- Japanese language skills and a love of Japan would also be very beneficial